2014年8月7日星期四

Bikini babe Juliana Cameron slams Zoo Magazine for ‘gender based discrimination’

Juliana Cameron wants Zoo Magazine to apologise after it misquoted her in an interview.
JULIANA Cameron walked into a photo shoot as a “celibate, nonsmoking, nondrinking” glamour model.
She walked out an exhibitionist.
Well, sort of.
The glamour model has slammed popular lad’s mag Zoo for promoting “gender based discrimination” against women and is demanding a public apology after a feature story went horribly wrong.
Ms Cameron starred in a “glamour” shoot in Zoo’s July issue last year, where she was shown posing in numerous styles of swimwear, and using a watering can to drench herself.
However, she was shocked to find an interview accompanying the pictures had misquoted her to reflect the sultry theme of the spread.
The Zoo Magazine spread with the misquote “I’ve got absolutely no problem with being nake
The Zoo Magazine spread with the misquote “I’ve got absolutely no problem with being naked anywhere”. Source:Supplied
Twelve months after the story was published, she received a personal apology letter from its editor, Shayne Bugden, but she says that it was a “cop out” and calls out the magazine for displaying “a male abuse of power”.
“I went through quite a routine to get an apology and a retraction,” Ms Cameron told news.com.au.
“When you don’t have the money, resources and profile that Miranda Kerr has, it takes a lot longer to stand up for your rights, but I didn't let it stop me.”
“It’s my body, and it wasn’t up to Zoo to dictate what I do and don’t do with it.
“Zoo was making all these false representations about me and as a result I ended up getting sexually harassed by the male readers of the magazine.
“It ended up putting me in a situation where my safety was at risk.”
MORE: ZOO MAG OFFERS TRACY GRIMSHAW SWIM SPREAD
MORE: FIRED SCHOOL TEACHER STRIPS FOR ZOO
MORE: SARAH HANSON-YOUNG SUES OVER ‘JOKE’ ZOO COVER
Ms Cameron argues “as a society we need to rise to repudiate violence against women and s
Ms Cameron argues “as a society we need to rise to repudiate violence against women and stop promoting a rape culture”. Source: Facebook
Ms Cameron has posed in numerous “glamour” shoots.
Ms Cameron has posed in numerous “glamour” shoots. Source: Facebook
As well as the sexy six-page spread, an accompanying video from the magazine shoot is even racier, with Ms Cameron touching her breasts and body. At the request of Ms Cameron, Zoo and news.com.au have removed the footage.
“I think the female body should be celebrated, I’m an artist and I don’t see it as a sexual object,” Ms Cameron. said.
“I see the female body as a form of art and beauty and like all forms of art and beauty it should be appreciated and celebrated.”
In the spread, titled “Bum’s the Word”, Cameron alleges she told the magazine at the time: “I’m actually not a party girl, I don’t drink alcohol, I don’t smoke and I’m also celibate too.
“You’ll see more at the beach then what you will see in any of my photo shoots as I’ve never posed nude.”
But instead, the magazine printed: “I’ve got absolutely no problem with being naked anywhere.”
Ms Cameron wrote to Zoo magazine, saying “women deserve to have the proper duty of care s
Ms Cameron wrote to Zoo magazine, saying “women deserve to have the proper duty of care shown to them whether they are wearing a cheap women swimwears or an eskimo suit.” Source: Supplied
Ms Cameron say Zoo’s personal apology isn’t good enough.
Ms Cameron say Zoo’s personal apology isn’t good enough. Source: YouTube
In Zoo’s personal apology to Ms Cameron, Mr Bugden agrees “the article did not accurately reflect your actual views as expressed to the interviewer, specifically by the quote, ‘I’ve got absolutely no problem being naked anywhere.’ For that, I apologise on behalf of the magazine.”
Questions asked of Ms Cameron for the feature include these corkers:
How do you loosen up when you’re feeling a tad stiff, Juliana?
So what you’re saying is, you love a bit of morning wood?
We tend to drool uncontrollably and have a terrible work ethic. Can you deal with that?
Ms Cameron, who describes herself as the “Erin Brokovich of women’s rights”, is so outraged by Zoo’s lacklustre response, she has started a change.org petition — “Make women's safety a man’s issue too” — calling for men’s magazines to “display [a] duty of care towards models in mens magazines [and] give public apology/retraction of sexually violent & false representations”.
“As a society we need to rise to repudiate violence against women and stop promoting a rape culture,” she writes on the petition.
“Women can have both body confidence and boundaries too. Women deserve to be safe regardless of whether they are wearing a cheap beach cover-ups or an eskimo suit.”
More high waisted bikini cheap Related Articles:pinkqueen.com

1 条评论:

  1. Greetings, what an extraordinary web blog. I normally invest hours on the net perusing web journals on different subjects. What's more, I truly might want to laud you for composing such a remarkable article.
    cheap beach cover ups

    回复删除